Based on the award winning Octal helmet, Octal MIPS has been further
developed and equipped with MIPS technology (Multi-directional Impact
Protection System) to reduce the rotational forces to the brain in the
case of an oblique impact.
The Octal helmet provides more coverage and additional protection of
the temples and back of the head and the EPS liner is strategically
thicker in the most exposed areas.
The fully wrapped unibody shell construction functions as a monocoque
and enhances the safety properties and construction integrity of the
helmet while maintaining a low weight.
POC has approached ventilation in a unique way and instead of using
many small vents, Octal has fewer, but larger, ventilation slots. This
ventilation design allows more air to flow through the helmet, which
also results in improved aerodynamic performance.
The lightweight size adjustment system ensures a comfortable and
secure fit while the Coolbest padding helps reduce the temperature in
the interface between the helmet and head.
As a part of the AVIP concept, Octal MIPS comes in high visibility colors, with a reflective sticker kit and with an ICE tag.
- MIPS (Multi-directional Impact Protection System).
- High performance EPS liner, optimized in density.
- Fully wrapped unibody PC shell construction.
- Superior ventilation, using POC's unique ventilation design.
- Low contact size adjustment system.
- Straps molded into liner.
- Temperature regulating Coolbest padding.
- Color combinations and reflective patches for enhanced visibility.
- Eye garage to keep your sunglasses securely in position when placed on the helmet.
- ICE tag included.
SIZES & WEIGHT
Small: 50-56 cm (230 g)
Medium: 54-60 cm (250 g)
Large: 56-62 cm (285 g)